CAST, the leader in software intelligence, is upgrading CAST Imaging, a software imaging system, and adding a suite of “advisors” to provide personalized recommendations to help enterprises with application modernization and cloud migration to accelerate and reduce.
According to the company, these consultants serve as guiding beacons for software architects and developers as they implement important transformations within their applications.
By automatically generating personalized recommendations and actionable steps, these consultants simplify the process of refactoring mainframe applications for AWS, replatforming Oracle databases to Oracle Cloud, or migrating SQL Server and DB2 instances to PostgreSQL.
“CAST Imaging automatically ‘understands’ how software works, visually mapping the tens of thousands of code elements and all their relationships into a living knowledge base of the software internals, allowing architects and developers to quickly find what they need,” said CAST Imaging vice president Luc Perard.
The latest release also enhances the CAST Imaging Explore with AI capabilities, which provides users with clear English descriptions of what a code or data element does within the overall system context; it now allows the choice of AI services between OpenAI or Azure OpenAI.
CAST Imaging supports organizations of all sizes and in every sector, helping them manage the complexity of their custom software.
CAST Imaging serves as a reservoir of technical knowledge about an application’s inner workings, improving the efficiency of development teams and accelerating application modernization.
CAST Imaging’s new and improved features include:
- Modernization and Migration Advisors – Actively guides users in planning and executing major changes to their applications.
- How can I help you? – Helps users find valuable information quickly and easily. Displays the application insights that are valuable to their activity.
- Multi-Tab Navigation – Allows users to easily switch between different application views while browsing the application’s knowledge base.
- Improved Quick Scan – Provides more actionable results, formatted in an easier-to-read format.
- Azure OpenAI – ‘Explain with ChatGPT’ can now be configured to work via OpenAI’s ChatGPT or Azure OpenAI.
Visit www.castsoftware.com for more information about this news.