Job title: Assistant Men’s Tennis Coach: Part-time
Department: Athletics and leisure
Reports to: Head Men’s Tennis Coach
Stevens Institute of Technology, an NCAA Division III member of the MAC Freedom Conference, is accepting applications from qualified candidates for a part-time assistant men’s tennis coach for the 2023-2024 season. The primary role of this position is to assist the head coach with on-field coaching during training and matches, with the opportunity for greater influence and professional development for the right candidate.
Essential areas of responsibility:
- Assist the Head Coach in managing all aspects of a rapidly growing Division III Tennis program. The top priority must be the overall collegiate experience of the student-athlete and a dedication to fostering a positive and healthy team culture that encourages growth and development.
- Coaching on the field in both training and matches.
- Comply with and enforce all policies and procedures of the department and institution, as well as the rules and regulations of the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC), MAC Freedom, the NCAA and other authorities that may legitimately affect the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Complete all required departmental and institutional training and certification programs and participate in available professional development opportunities.
- Assist the head coach with travel arrangements, including lodging, meals, team practices and meetings when appropriate.
- Compile data and reports in a timely manner when requested by the Head Coach or a senior level administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Coaching experience and high-level collegiate playing experience preferred.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, including written, interpersonal and public speaking.
- First Aid, CPR and AED training certification required.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty, and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSFa ADVANCE institution committed to fair practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates, as well as veterans and persons with disabilities.