Do you enjoy Morning Chalk Up? Access additional exclusive interviews, analysis and stories with an Rx membership.
The Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit returns on November 30, the day before Australia’s biggest off-season CrossFit event, the Down Under Championship, in Wollongong, Australia.
Lily Free, Australia’s CrossFit Country Manager, is keen to build on the success of last year’s Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit as she explains:
- “This year we are trying to provide value to the affiliate owners (at the summit) and we will give them opportunities to learn,” she said.
- ‘We have four different speakers it will add value to the affiliate owners.”
Guest speakers at the Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit include:
- Shane Orr and Dwight Upshaw of PRVN Fitness, WHO will discuss how programming can positively impact the culture and community of your box.
- Adam Barbaro of Box Jump Brands, who will educate attendees on how to maximize social media content and how to add value, increase membership and keep your gym profitable.
- Rob Noy of BirdBox, who will share insights into understanding yourself as a coach and explore the psychosocial elements of coaching.
- Kate Gordon of CF Kate Nutrition, WHO will discuss affiliate nutrition and give advice on how affiliate owners can implement nutrition strategies in their gym and make money from it.
Other events planned for the Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit include:
- A panel discussion organized by Alphafit that will focus on the future of CrossFit. Panelists will include a long-term affiliate owner (10+ years), a representative of the sport of CrossFit, an Alphafit representative, and a representative from CrossFit HQ.
- A roundtable discussion facilitated by CrossFit HQ. This will involve formatted discussion questions where delegates are on a round table with other affiliate owners. It is an opportunity to share ideas and problems and come up with solutions.
- “We often get the best feedback on that piece,” shares Free.
Bottom line: The Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit is a chance for affiliate owners to interact with industry professionals, build connections and improve their businesses.
- “For CrossFit to be successful, the most important thing is that affiliates succeed,” Free reflects.
The event is free and open to all affiliate owners, not just those based in Australia. If you’re an affiliate owner heading to the Down Under Championship, it’s not too late to secure your spot at the Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit.